- Fun activities for every season
- Whether on its mountains or in its villages, Iiyama is full of charm. Throughout the year you can enjoy everything from winter sports to water activities.
In the Nabekura Kogen (Highlands), where foothills are covered by natural beech forest, the Shinetsu Trail 80 km full-scale trekking course runs along a ridge connecting Nagano and Niigata prefectures.
- Experience history and tradition through craftwork
- Why not get a feel for Iiyama's charms through nationally recognized traditional arts like hand-crafted Uchiyama paper or lacquerware? Your own handmade goods will be a unique souvenir!
- “Onsen” (hot springs) provide complete relaxation and comfort
- Relax care-free in a rotenburo (open-air bath) while enjoying spectacular views of the Chikuma River and surrounding mountains. Iiyama's onsen (hot springs) provide longed-for luxury. Fatigue and stress will fade away as you enjoy the scenery of changing seasons.
See special features on Iiyama activities